Our Company has joined the UN Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) platform in August 2016, which is one of the most important global initiative to support gender equality, established by UN Global Compact and UN Women. In this context, Turcas supports gendersensitive workplace practices and WEP principles.
Our CEO Batu AKSOY signed the CEO Support Statement and puts forth his commitment to internalizing the following seven step framework for women’s empowerment within the company.
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work - respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality